Saturday, July 24, 2010

Email responses

Congrats on finishing chemo #2. You are doing great!

After reading your blog, a few thoughts that may or may not help:
1. Doctors do make mistakes, and most do not mind being challenged with treatments etc. I have found that often they like those patients that have other opinions from research or common sense judgments. How boring to have a patient that doesn't question a thing!! Challenge them I say!

2. We all make mistakes especially in emotional or trying circumstances, and God knows what we are going through fits both of those categories. I got the dosage wrong on my steroids before the 2nd treatment. It caused a difficult allergic reaction. The nurses and doctor took it in stride, but I felt so stupid. But you know, it was OK. They had given me soooo much information, and I just heard it wrong....information over load! Don't beat yourself up over those things.

3. And lastly, the nurses/assistants etc. don't remember everything. I also had to tell them they could not take blood or blood pressure from my left arm. They tried several times, and each time I stopped them. We have to be our own advocates, and it is important to have a voice and a loud one if needed.
Stay strong, stay focused and stay the course - this will be successfully over before you know it.

----------------------

Sleep well Sara and get your strength back! Be Still; Be Quiet; He be Drivin’! (Ole south proverb I just made up!

---------------

Your thinking is so right! Let go and let God!
Feel well and if you don't- call the doctors for different medicine for relief. God made doctors and medicine!

---------

I will pray for Mike, too, because it is hard on the caregiver, sometimes harder than on the patient. I learned that - the patient is in survivor mode and ready to get on with it and do something constructive and caregiver is on the sideline, not sure what to do.

---------------

Keep up the warrior’s attitude and you WILL have victory through our marvelous Lord!!

--------------

Deep, slow breathes. Pray in, pray out.... "God Loves Me", "He's in Control"

-----------------
Prayer: There is nothing, no circumstance, no trouble or testing that can ever touch me until it has gone past God and past Christ to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose which I may not understand at the moment.

As I try not to panic, I will lift my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of Grace as a blessing to my own heart. No sorrow should ever disturb me, no circumstance should cause me to fret, for I will rest in the joy of who my Lord is.

---------------

I was thinking about you and Mike. About the two of you going thru this together. Helping, holding, understanding, and praying for each other. What a shared path not most couples will ever receive.
You keep on going girl, half way thru this part, wahooo!!! Those lil pac men are just gobbling up those cells! Remember how they can turn on a dime and nothing escapes them, they know were everyone is. So I will think of these pac men doing what they do best, like I did for me. Every time I get a Slurpee I will use a pink straw signifying that breast cancer going away.
(I know a dumb thing but I used a pink straw for me and now i use a red one for heart strength.) what can I say.
-----------
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.