Monday, May 3, 2010

Starting a Blog

Dear all,

In reading Henri Nouwen's Can You Drink the Cup? he talks about community - a fellowship of people who do not hide their joys and sorrows but make them visible to each other in a gesture of HOPE.

You reading this are my community. Mike and I have been uplifted by your encouragement, resting on your prayers, and relishing your company. God is healing me of breast cancer, and you all are His hands on earth.

So today I am starting a blog (thanks to daughter-in-law Tray and her internet savvy.) I am posting my writings starting today. I am also going to copy e-mails to you, my dear friends, into this blog, so I can keep a record of them. I think you can tell which is which.

This is an open to the public blog. I will only mention names of my family. All other names will be initials. Please feel free to share this blog with anyone you think it might be of use to.

Its about me, but really its about all of us.

I don't know what to call this blog. We are setting up the blog as "Ever Onward and Upward".  Time marches on. I want think of my spirits always lifting up. Of course, at that far and distance future moment when my feet will never walk on the dirt of earth anymore, I will be upward. But that's a long time from now...

I will change the title when I finish, but for now, here goes, ever onward and upward....