Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Bridge that Carried you Over

Praise the bridge that carried you over  George Colman (1762 - 1836)
Dear dear friends and family,

The entire country is thinking about giving thanks, how cool is that?

What am I thankful for?

You guys.

For faithful friends who pray for me and encourage me and are part of what is good about the moment.

For opening up your hearts, being honest, looking towards the future with me. And for seeing it bathed in sunlight!

For your laughter and your kindnesses. So many kindnesses.

The quote above by George Colman shows me a little more how to be thankful for everything, which is a directive I read so many times throughout the bible.

"always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5

Everything that happens to us, and everyone we interact with, make us who we are right now. Sometimes they are the bridge that carries us over, sometimes they are the lesson we needed to learn, sometimes they are the impetus to redirect our lives (Bernie Siegel), sometimes they are the flame that refines us.

What else am I thankful for?

That God loves me, and you. No conditions, He loves us.

That God is always with us.

For Mike, Mack, Tray, Corey and all my family.

For you my friends.

For my new church, which I am getting to know.

For all the healing, by God's grace and with help from medicine of all areas.

For my circumstance in life, what a gift.

For having had cancer, as it made me be still, look to God, and get back on the path.

I wish you all a festive time today. Here's a Psalm of praise, if you wish to read it.  I need to read psalms to God, to get the praise thoughts verbalized, and this is a good one.

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving grateful praise.   
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
 2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
   come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
   It is he who made us, and we are his;
   we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations.