Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Email responses

You will finish strong.  The worst is definitely behind you, and  radiation is easier on your body and mind.  The skin may be a problem, but it will heal at the end of it all. 

I found a product called sumigold intensive heavyweight moisturizer which helped a lot on my burned,  bumpy  and itchy skin.  If you google sumigold, you can read all about it.  The site has a special rate for those going through radiation.  My radiation oncologist approved of it for me to use during and after my treatments, and I am still using it as it is one of the best moisturizers that I have found.

One down and 32 to go!  My prayers continue.
=======================
Think energy and friends. 
==========================
Hello dear friend-
Today starts a new adventure and if I understand correctly, at fifty-something you are getting tattoos!   Very nice

I saw this item in my Acorn catalogue (no not the organization!)
You may be familiar with it already.  It is a collection of all things British… which I love.
I immediately thought of you and the club (all 13-15 of them as I recall in the name???)
Hope it makes you smile at least.

Hang in there- We can do this.
========================
 
So with that GO KNOCK 'EM dead and know that each ray or beam of radiation knows it mission and it will complete that mission.
Lots of love, prayer and hugs from afar.
======================
Continue to pray and am always here for you.  Love you!
===========================
I hope your day went well and you are sleeping like a baby right now.  Know that my prayers have been with you.  I know you will finish strong because you know who is at the finish line!
================
You are in my prayers everyday and I  know that God is making that radiation work.
=================
 God bless you tomorrow and everyday throughout your ordeal!
==================
I'm so glad to hear you have started the radiation and are through with the Chemo!  I admire you for your courage and your strength, and believe me I know what it takes to get where you are.  I keep you and Mike in my prayers and get strength from your e-mails.
==================== 
Keep the faith and know I'm thinking of u and sending love and prayers your way.
============================
So, today must have been a big day, but I also hope it was a letdown- not too big a deal with the radiation. At least, I know that is what you were hoping.
Much much love,
Be well and finish strong.
===============
I am glad the worst is behind you.  You have been quite the warrior.

And you are not going to believe my story about Leon Lett and a funny personal experience I had with him...

Twenty years ago, he was in town in Atlanta and staying at a hotel with his team for the Super Bowl that year.  I was working at that hotel at the time and was heavily involved in the hotel arrangements and other accommodations regarding the players.  Anyway, the press was at the hotel and there were lots of fans around, etc.  This was after he had made that mistake and he was really embarrassed about it and wanted to avoid the press, etc.  I was back by the service elevators and I see this huge black man hiding and looking a little confused.  He asked me if I could get him to his room in a way that avoid the attention the Cowboy's players were receiving in the lobby.  I told him I could get him to his room by the service elevators.

Anyway, on the elevator ride, I asked him name, etc. normal chit-chat.  He said that his name was Leon Lett and that he played for the Cowboys. 

I felt bad for him, but I had to laugh at the contradiction of this big huge man, who looked liked like he would never have anything to fear, fearing the attention of the press.  I felt so bad for him for him though, b/c he was humbled, demoralized, quiet and head hanging low.  He was like a big, soft, gentle, fuzzy sad teddy bear.

I thought you might appreciate that story. :)