Friday, August 6, 2010

Sign of healing

I asked God to give me signs that He is healing me. And He has. Surgery has healed great. Hot flashes show there's not much estrogen in my body any more. Hair fell out, shows me the Chemo is working on killing fast growing cells. Sinus infection is decreasing.

Here’s a big one. Many of you know I have had a sore and hoarse voice for about two years. Maybe three. On and off. Hoarse voice while talking days on end.  This hoarse voice and sore throat was the start of my breast cancer, I think. To try to solve it, I was given a prescription of estrogen and progesterone to get me above the "normal" range on blood work, to support my thyroid, which they thought had growths on it that caused my discomfort. Anyway....

I absolutely couldn’t sing. Nothing would come out, it was so frustrating and weird. I love singing, and have been blessed with a voice that isn’t quite on pitch all the time, but it has resonance. It projects. You hear it. Talking or laughing or singing, it can be heard. That's why I got parts in high school plays, you could hear my voice in the next county.
I went to a playoff game in Leesburg. First time in months I have been to a game standing there at the start. The Public Announcer announces everyone stand for a moment of silence for our military, and then we sing the National Anthem.

Well, I stand for the moment of prayer, and then when appropriate, I just start singing with everyone else. And I am singing just like I could have three years ago. I didn’t notice until halfway through, Mike is noticing, and after the song eight people in front of me turn around and smile and nod their heads (was I that bad, or that loud?)

I was singing. The voice is back! How cool is this… Thank you Jesus for the healing that is happening!!! And for letting me see evidence of it!

I don't think I would have had the guts to ask Jesus for a sign a year ago. Then again, a year ago, I wasn't dealing with clearing out cancer from my body. I needed this sign. Thank you....