Sunday, August 29, 2010

Asking for prayers

Dear Friends,

Chemo #4 is Tuesday. How the time FLIES...

How thankful I am to all you who are helping, in ways that might seem small to you but they are HUGE MOUNTAINS of LOVE AND KINDNESS to me and to Mike. Every word, e-mail, phone message, meal, flower, prayer, mall walk, walk anywhere, devoting days to me, lunch, tea, hand sanitizer packets, air aromatherapy, car ride, soup, book, pashmina, movies, etc are beautiful times for me to see God's love in action. And I know this is tiring, as this has been going on since the end of April.

But you guys are all so good to hang in there with me! It is as if each kindness is a flower, and all together they compose the most beautiful bouquet, or really a breath-taking field of wildflowers.

I am asking once again for your prayers for me (and Mike) tomorrow:

- Dr. M decides tomorrow whether this is the last chemo or we do 2 more, please ask the Holy Spirit give him discernment (then comes radiation)

- That the Chemo drugs do their job killing every single errant cell in my body

- That my body stay strong and functioning

- Mike (my one and only caregiver this time) has a really busy day job right now too, so may Jesus lighten his yoke and grant him peace that passes understanding

- May my eyes stay focused on Jesus

Thank you again, dear ones. Ever Onward and Upward...